Offshoots & Splinter Groups of Worldwide Church of God
There are hundreds of offshoots and splits from the Worldwide Church of God; therefore, it is impossible to list or keep track of, all of them. We list the ones we have had the most inquiries on.
To understand more about the history of the earlier breakaway groups, read the Outsider’s Inside Update Newsletters which looks behind the scenes at the real activities and associations pertaining to the “transformation” of the Worldwide Church of God (Ecumenical & New Age Connections) and their part in The New Age Agenda.
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom, the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 2 Peter 2:1-3
The Worldwide Church of God — The Profits of Doom
Where Do I Find the “One True Church”?
UPDATE: In April 2009 Worldwide Church of God changed their name in the United States to Grace Communion International.
“…Take heed that no man deceive you.” ~ Matthew 24:4
Philadelphia Church of God (Gerald R. Flurry)
Restored Church of God (David C. Pack)
Christian Biblical Church of God (Fred R. Coulter) [“Church at Home”]
Living Church of God (Gerald E. Weston) [Roderick Meredith, founder]
United Church of God-AIA (Victor Kubic)
Intercontinental Church of God [Garner Ted Armstrong, founder]
Church of God, a Worldwide Association (Jim Franks)
Church of God, The Eternal (Jon W. Brisby)
Christian Churches of God (Wade Cox)
The Church of God-PKG (Ronald Weinland)
Worldwide Church of God Organizational Splits (There are hundreds of more splinter groups since this list was formed, plus there are now splits of various splinters) [offsite link]
The Philadelphia Church of God (Gerald Flurry)
- Mike’s Enlightenment Page
Much information on PCG and Gerald Flurry; articles, critiques, testimonies, letters, etc.
The Restored Church of God (David C. Pack):
- Information on the Restored Church of God (David C. Pack)
Contains links to our articles and letters on RCG.
- Testimonies from those impacted by Restored Church of God
- To All Who Are Considering Joining Restored Church of God
Living Church of God (Roderick C. Meredith):
- What Happens if I Join Roderick Meredith’s Living Church of God?
- Eight Dead in March 12, 2005 Living Church of God Shooting!!
Letters to ESN, covering the LCG shooting spree that happened during Sabbath services.
- Testimonies from those impacted by Living Church of God
- Speaking of Global: Re-inventing the wheel
Taken from OIU Newsletter Vol. 2, Pt. 2. After Roderick Meredith was disfellowshipped from Worldwide Church of God, Global COG was born almost the same day.
- Roderick C. Meredith has given many false prophecies in the past. To read some of them, go to Pt. 2 of the Robert Gerringer Letter and search for the word “Meredith.”
Intercontinental Church of God (Garner Ted Armstrong):
- For Those Needing Information on Garner Ted Armstrong
- Garner Ted Armstrong and the Masseuse
- Letter Regarding the Immorality of Garner Ted Armstrong
This excellent letter was distributed to the Church of God International brethren and may be applied to all cases of evil that is propagated by those who have absolute power, no matter the name of the group. Covers whether we can judge another’s behavior.
- Communiqué From The Council Requesting Garner Ted Armstrong’s Removal Document directed to HWA in 1973, expressing why GTA was not spiritually qualified to remain in high office. As a result, these ministers were slandered and accused. Also mentions that God does not deal with His church at this time by “special revelation.”
- “None of God’s Servants Were Perfect” (for those who like to use this reasoning)
- My Journey From the Depths of Despair
Testimony by survivor of Garner Ted Armstrong’s false teachings.
- Stories About GTA Are True
Letter from former member who worked with GTA.
- Church of God International Teachings Did Not Add Up (original name of ICG)
- GTA Knew WCG Was All About Money
Letter about a former member who knew GTA.
United Church of God, An International Association:
- What You Should Know About United Church of God-AIA
- OIU 3, Pt. 2, OIU 3, pt. 3 and OIU 4, pt. 4
Contains critical information on United Church of God-AIA, including its beginnings.
- ESN’s letter to author Janis Hutchinson (This section of the letter covers the formation of UCG and the deceitfulness of certain UCG ministers in 1995.)
Church of God’s Faithful (Robert G. Ardis)
- Church of God’s Faithful is a Splinter of PCG
- Robert Ardis and Church of God’s Faithful
- Church of God’s Faithful is a Spiritually Dangerous Group!
Independent Church of God (Ronald L. Dart):
- Ronald L. Dart (from OIU Vol. 4, Pt. 4)
Ronald L. Dart was one of the contributing editors of In Transition. Information covering his early beginnings with the Worldwide Church of God, later Church of God International and today, Christian Educational Ministries. CEM produces his “Born to Win” radio program.
- Garner Ted Armstrong and the Masseuse
Ron Dart is mentioned several times in this exposé article about GTA.
- Ron Dart Says He Has All the Money He Will Ever Need
Church of God, An International Community (David Hulme):
- David Hulme Joins the Pack (from OIU 3, Pt. 1)
Covers how Hulme–who is now teaching most of HWA’s doctrines–originally endorsed the WCG new changes and tried to persuade others to do so.
- David Hulme (from OIU 4, Pt. 3)
It was Hulme who, as early as 1988, made the initial contacts with the “outside Christian cult watchers” regarding WCG’s new changes.
- Radio interview with Michael Snyder (Tape RE-6 )
Snyder was David Hulme’s assistant and strategist for new doctrine propaganda. This tape offers proof that David Hulme did not reveal all the truth in his resignation letter and was a principal architect with WCG’s “transformation” behind members’ backs.
Christian Biblical Church of God (Fred R. Coulter) [“Church at Home”]:
- Beware of Fred R. Coulter!
- Christian Biblical Church of God–An Ungodly Experience Nobody Should Have To Endure
- You Saved Me From Fred Coulter’s Group
- Fred R. Coulter is Using the Basic Books of Ellen G. White
The Church of God-PKG (Ronald Weinland):
- Ron Weinland and His Prophecies
- All or Nothing Statement by Ron Weinland
- Ronald Weinland indicted by the IRS for Tax Fraud [offsite link]
- Ron Weinland Convicted of 5 Counts of Tax Evasion and on House Arrest
House of Yahweh (Yisrayl Hawkins):
God’s Church, Worldwide (David Moore):
Tomorrow’s World See above: (Roderick Meredith)
- The Worldwide Church of God (WCG), with headquarters in Pasadena, California, was officially begun in Oregon in late-1933/early-1934 by Herbert W. Armstrong (1892-1986) (originally called “The Radio Church of God” — changed to WCG in 1968). (The “original” WCG should not be confused with the organization “The Church of God International” in Tyler, Texas, founded in 1978 by Herbert Armstrong’s “disfellowshipped” son, Garner Ted Armstrong.) Once a very large organization with a huge media impact, Armstrongism has waned in recent years. At its peak, Armstrong’s radio/television broadcast, “The World Tomorrow,” aired on more than 446 television and radio stations, but was eliminated in 1994 and replaced with spot ads and a two-minute time-slot radio program. Armstrong’s grossly misnamed magazine, The Plain Truth, peaked at a monthly distribution of more than eight million, but has since fallen to less than 100,000 (and will probably decrease even further with its 1997 change from a free to a paid subscription basis).Today one of the splinter groups is Tomorrow’s World. And we qoute the connection…
“Tomorrow’s World is sponsored by the Living Church of God under the leadership of Roderick C. Meredith, one of the original evangelists ordained in December 1952 by the late Herbert W. Armstrong.” source: About Us
Worldwide Church of God Splinter Groups (list):
- Worldwide Church of God Organizational Splits
There are hundreds more splinter groups since this list was formed, plus there are now splits of various splinters. Note: The author of this website holds to many of Herbert Armstrong’s doctrines. [offsite link.]
Connect with Amos37
Free Resources for the growing Christian.
“But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Blue Letter Bible Free Online Bible & Study Tools & Commentaries
Bible Classes College Level For Free to Enroll Track your progress.
Our Own Free Discipleship Course In Video HD.
Thanks for posting this. I’ve been reading Exit Support Network for about a year now. I’m a former member WCG (30 years in the church and alumni of Ambassador College). You may have overlooked the fact that WCG is now called Grace Communion International. They are now, in many respects, following after the heretical teachings of the Emergent Church/Purpose Driven Church/Contemplative Spirituality/Universalism. I have recently begun to attend a GCI church in my area to confirm this is what they are teaching ever since my child was invited to attend one of their SEP summer camps. A quick search on their website proves they are proponents of The Shack and Paul Young; Spiritual Formation (Henri Nouwen, Richard Foster, Dallas Willard type); Purpose Driven in their church planting; and universalists in their theology (Karl Barth, T. F. Torrance, C. Baxter Kruger). They teach that the Church has replaced Israel and hold to amillenialism. They reject the inerrancy of the scripture as well as the biblical account of creation. They are ecumenical in their approach to other religions because of their universalism. They still seem to affirm that homosexuality is an abomination, however, as the mainstream denominations begin to embrace LGBT, I expect GCI will follow suit. The leadership in this denomination are not to be trusted, in the past nor now. This is the worst case of the blind leading the blind. I’ve been questioning the pastor in my area for the past year to defend his positions, but his incredibly faulty hermeneutic and Trinitarian Incarnation Theology will make one’s head spin. There in no call to repentance or acceptance of the penal substitutionary atonement: “You must simply begin to live in relationship with the Trinity.” They believe that all are saved by the cross, even if some don’t believe it….yet (think Rob Bell, Love Wins).
Thank you for your ministry! It is a blessing to many.
Thanks for your comment. Sadly many are reading and following men, when we need to just read our bible, pray and seek His face!
Thank God you came out of that. Sounds like your moving into the “Discernment Ministry”. Test all things and stay in the word.
Anything we can do to help, give us a shout!
Amos37 is either a thorn to the liberal and a blessing to those who truly hunger and thirst for righteousness. Be blessed, Keith @ Amos37