The Watch Tower is dangerous in that it claims to be Christian. It purposely at the top deceives the people through classic cult mind control. It lies about it’s past false prophecies, it lies about God’s word in it’s pitiful New World Translation no Greek scholar ever confirmed, and most of all it lies about the very nature of Jesus Christ. Get to know the facts and see this video of the cult origins of JW’s
WT: Jehovah is God’s true name. Superstitious Jewish Scribes removed it from the Bible, but our New World Translation faithfully restored it to the OT & inserted it in the NT where it made sense to do so. using Jehovah’s name is essential to salvation (Rom. 10:13 NWT).
Source: Our friends at Freed Beacon
TRUTH: OT Scribes used the Hebrew consonants YHVH. Later these were combined with the vowels from “Adonai” (Lord). The result was “Yahovah”, later translated “Jehovah”—A Man-Made Term! As the word has Hebrew origins, it cannot be forced into the Greek NT. In all of the Greek manuscripts we have, “Kurios” (Lord) or “Theos” (God) is used—Never Jehovah—not even when quoting the OT!
* NOTE: It is not the use of the name itself that is problematic, but how the WT uses it to skew theology!
Jehovah’s Witnesses and The Trinity Answered
WT: The word “Trinity” is not found in Scripture. The doctrine is incomprehensible deceptive & confusing. It is pagan in origin and could only have originated with Satan, so as to reproach God and turn men away from Him. Trinitarians are polytheists and their God is a 3-headed freakish monster, difficult to love and worship.Trinity Study Guide Here 100’s of Scriptures
TRUTH: The concept is throughout the Bible. We are baptized in the name of all three persons (Mt. 28:19). Jesus used God’s name”I AM” and the Pharisees sought to stone Him for blasphemy. (Jn. 8:57-59 cp. Ex. 3:13, 14). Only God has the power to forgive sin. Jesus often healed by forgiving sin. (1 Jn. 1:9; Mk. 2:5-7). Jesus is the creator and the Alpha & Omega (Heb. 1:2, 3; Col. 1: 16, 17; Jn. 1:1; cp Rev. 1:8 with Rev. 2:8). Jesus is Eternal Father, Mighty God, Lord (Isa. 9: 6, 7; cp.10:21; Titus 2:13; Rom. 10:9; 1 Cor. 3:12; Phil. 2:11)
JW’s on the HOLY SPIRIT
WT: The Holy Spirit is not a person. He is not God and is not equal to God. It is God’s “active force”—akin to electricity or the wind by which He accomplishes His will. It came upon Jesus at His baptism and enabled Him to do miracles.
TRUTH: The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He has a mind (Eph 1:17; 1 Cor 2:11; Rom 8:27), a will (1 Cor. 12:11; Acts 16:6), & is able to be grieved (Eph. 4:30). He performs the actions of a person:
As a Teacher (John 14:26; 15:26)
As a Counselor (John 16:7, 8)
He can be lied to (Acts 5: 3, 4)
He lives (1 Cor. 3:16)
He fellowships (2 Cor. 13: 14; Rom. 8:14)
Scripture speaks of us as having God, Christ, AND the Holy Spirit ALL within us. (Cp. Eph. 2:22; 1 Cor. 6:19; 2 Cor. 3:17)
He also intercedes in prayer for us, just as Jesus does (Rom.8:26 cp Heb. 7:25)
JW’s on JESUS
Jesus is a created being, thus making Him a ‘son’ of God. He is the highest ranking angel: the archangel, Michael. He is and always has been submissive to the father they are in no way equal. He was not an incarnation of God, but merely a perfect man. (NOTE: The WT claims that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not equal to God in an attempt to destroy the Trinity doctrine.)
* Heb. 1:5— “To which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my Son’?”
* Dan. 10:13 indicates that there is a class of arch-angels and Michael is one of them.
* Phil. 2: 5-11 Jesus divested Himself of His glory to take on the cloak of humanity. (ASK: Does v. 9-11 mean that His name is above Jehovah’s name, or that He’s Deity?)
* Col. 1:15-20 Jesus is before ALL things. (NOTE: The NWT inserts the word “other” 5 times in this passage: “all other things”) to strip Him of His role as the Creator.
v. 19—the fullness of God dwelled in Him. * NOTE: “Firstborn” (v 15) means supremacy or pre-eminence (in v. 19).
JW’s CHRIST’S RESURRECTION
WT: Jesus died when His spirit went out of Him, but since He didn’t return to heaven right then (Lk. 23:46), He obviously stayed in the grave until He was raised 3 days later.(NOTE: To the WT, this also proves that Jesus was merely a mortal man.)
Jesus was resurrected as a spirit because flesh & blood cannot inherit the kingdom (1 Cor. 15:50).
Jesus took on and discarded physical bodies so that he could appear to His disciples and show His wounds to Thomas. That’s why His disciples thought He was a ghost and did not recognize Him.
TRUTH: There is a difference between a spirit (like God) and a spiritual (glorified, resurrected) body:
A spirit does not eat as the risen Christ did (Lk. 24:36-43). A spirit does not have hands and feet, or flesh and bone, as the risen Christ did (Lk. 24: 39, 40)
The disciples did not think they’d seen an apparition. They just couldn’t believe their eyes (v 40) they knew He said He would rise, but apparently required physical evidence to fully believe it.
The context reveals that the disciples’ eyes were kept from recognizing Him (veiled).
JW’s on SOUL SLEEP
WT: Man is a soul (a living being)—He does not have a soul. Body + Life force (breath) = Soul (1 Pet. 3:20; Gen. 9:5; Josh. 11:11). People die and return to dust just like animals do (Gen. 3:19). That we don’t die is Satan’s lie (Gen. 3:4). The dead are conscious of nothing (Eccl. 9: 5, 6). This is true of both righteous and unrighteous dead, until the resurrection on judgment day. The dead are merely “asleep” (unconscious), until they are resurrected (1 Thess. 4:13-17)
TRUTH:The Hebrew word for soul (Nephesh) is used in a variety of ways: A living person; man’s immaterial nature (Gen 35:18 KJV); the “inner man” (seat of emotions (Dt. 28:65; Job 30:25; 3:20; Ps. 13:2; 6:3; 42:6; 43:5; 86: 4; Gen. 42:21; 2 Kings 4:27).
In context with the rest of Scripture, we know that man does have an immaterial nature: Mt. 10:28; Rev. 6:9, 10 (Heb. Nephesh = Gk Psuche). Lk. 23:46—in context, Pneuma (translated as “spirit”) can only mean soul. Since Jesus was not raised for 3 days, His human soul must have gone to the Father (cp Acts 7:59; see also: Lk. 20:38; Phil.1:21-23).
Gen. 3:19 refers to physical, bodily death: the body was formed from the dust while the spirit/soul/life force came from God. The punishment for sin was aging, the failing of their physical bodies, and death. Satan is the one who denied that God would make good on this pronouncement.
* Eccl. 9:5, 6 is from the standpoint of a carnal man who does not know God. From that standpoint, everything is vanity (futile), which is the premise of Ecclesiastes.
* “Sleep” applies to the body only.The soul does not pass into a state of unconsciousness. It is also a fallacy to say that sleep is a state of unconsciousness.
JW’s on PARADISE EARTH
WT: In the aftermath of Armageddon, surviving JWs will work to clean up the earth and will restore it to the garden-like conditions of Eden. All JWs living there will gradually be restored to a state of perfection like Adam and Eve enjoyed. From heaven, the 144,000 will reign over the “Great Crowd” who will live forever on the earth. If anyone sins, they will be killed immediately.
* The context of Mt. 6:10 refers to things Jesus was asking for His disciples right then.
* Ps. 37: 9, 11, 29—The Heb word Eres, in this context, refers to the land of Judea which God had given Israel as an enduring inheritance. The Hebrew word for “forever” (‘ad), in the OT, is often used to indicate that a promise would endure for generations.
* Ps. 115:16—In context, God had given the earth to all men to rule over (cp. Ps. 8:6-8; Gen. 1:28). All who are born again look forward to living with Christ in heaven (Jn.12:26).
JW’s on SALVATION BY WORKS
WT: Salvation may be obtained if one clings to and unquestioningly obeys the organization and remains active in service to it—a works-based gospel. Jas. 2:26 says that faith without works is dead. Therefore, you will die if you do not do works. Phil. 2:12 says we must “work out” our salvation.
* Eph. 2:8, 9—Salvation is by Grace alone (cp Titus 3:5; Gal. 2:16). Human righteousness is as “filthy rags” before God (Isa. 64:6). Salvation comes only by believing in Christ (Acts 16: 30, 31; JN 3:15; 5:24; 11:25; 20:31), not in man or an organization.
* Jas. 2:26 is not speaking of salvation. James is pointing out that works are evidence that our faith is truly alive.
* Phil. 2:12—In context: the church at Philippi had real problems in Paul’s absence. Paul was urging them to work hard to preserve the unity of the congregation.
* Read all Scriptures in CONTEXT.
* Use the KJV
* Don’t let the JW control the conversation
* Watch for circular reasoning and topic hopping.
* Witness in a spirit of love
* Define all terms
* Know WHY you believe what you believe
Have Questions or Need Help recovering from cult involvement?
Contact: [email protected]
Connect with Amos37
Free Resources for the growing Christian.
“But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Bible Classes College Level For Free to Enroll Track your progress.
Our Own Free Discipleship Course In Video HD.