I have a man that I work with that is a Jehovah Witness. He is an elder with the Kingdom Hall. He is a pleasant enough man. We have over the years had some good dialogue. How do we as Christians penetrate the cultist influence of a person who desperately needs to know the REAL JESUS. I have found as others it is in asking questions that sow the seeds of THINK! into their spirit. It is God and not us who will bring them out of this counterfeit religion. My heart goes out to them. I love them!
30 Questions to Get a Jehovah’s Witness to Think!
I have learned from the great apologists of the past and present is to give them something to think about. So I give them one or two penetrating questions that may lead them out of the strangle hold of the Watch Tower. How tragic that so many multiplied millions of religious folk have a form of godliness but deny the Lord who bought them. You will need patience of a farmer here as with any non believer.
Here is an offering of question to get the JW’s to THINK on their own. You can listen to many of their testimonies at the link below at Tower to Truth. We also have a link from ministry friend Freedom Beacon that came out of the Witness’s. Pray the Holy Spirit and not our own wisdom will draw them unto Himself. God knows the heart of all people. They need the real Jesus who set aside His deity and clothed Himself in humanity became the God-Man and shed His own blood on a cross.I witness to the Jehovah Witnesses when they come to my door. Some questions to make them think Click To Tweet
Source: 30 Questions For JW’s
Resurrection of Jesus
1. If Jesus was resurrected as an invisible spirit, like the Watchtower teaches, why did Jesus say he was going to raise his physical body from the dead (John 2:19-22)?
2. If Jesus, the man, ceased to exist at his death and was raised from the dead as Michael the Archangel, why did Michael deceive the apostles into believing that they were witnessing Jesus in a resurrected physical body (Luke 24:39)?
3. If Jesus is now living in heaven as an invisible spirit creature, like the Watchtower teaches, why did Paul write many years after the ascension of Christ that he is dwelling in heaven in a physical body (Colossians 2:9)? Note: The Greek word, somatikos, means physical, tangible body.
4. If Jesus is now Michael the Archangel, why does 1 Timothy 2:5 say that the mediator between God and men is the man, Christ Jesus, and not the spirit, Michael the Archangel?
5. Can you show me a verse in the bible that clearly says Jesus is the Archangel Michael? How can Jesus be Michael since Hebrews chapter 1 stresses the superiority of Jesus over the angels and that all the angels worship him? Why would Jehovah command that the entire angelic realm worship another angel? Note: The Watchtower bible changes the word worship, in Hebrews 1:6, to “do obeisance to”. However, see section below on the New World Translation.
The Watchtower Society
6. Since the Watchtower was wrong in the past about many of its teachings and the light continues to get brighter (Proverbs 4:18), how do you know that the current teachings are correct and won’t change?
7. Why did the Watchtower magazine (Nov 15, 1981, p. 21) say to “come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation” when Jesus never directed us to an organization for salvation but to him?
8. When you joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses, did you read information for and against the Watchtower so you could make an educated and well rounded decision based on both points of view?
9. Has anyone become a Jehovah’s Witness after reading the bible alone without the aid of Watchtower material?
10. If I were to join the Jehovah’s Witnesses, would it be okay for me to do research into the Watchtower’s past by reading non-Watchtower material?
11. Since the Watchtower was in error many times in the past, are you obligated to believe that all the current teachings are God’s truth?
12. If Jesus’ invisible presence began in 1914, like the Watchtower teaches, why was the Watchtower teaching in 1929 that Jesus’ invisible presence began in 1874? How did they finally figure out that that teaching was false? Reference: Prophecy, 1929, p. 65.
13. Since the Watchtower claims to be God’s prophet (The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197) and have falsely predicted Armageddon to occur in 1914, 1918, 1925 and 1975, do you think they meet the criteria of Deuteronomy 18:20-22?
14. Can you show me in the bible where it says to give false prophets a second or third chance to get it right?
15. If the Watchtower really is Jehovah’s prophet, like they claim, can you show me anything they predicted that came to pass?
The New World Translation
16. Why did Hebrews 1:6 in the 1970 version of the New World Translation say, “Let all God’s angels worship him” and not “do obeisance to him” like the new versions say?
17. Why does the New World Translation insert the word “other” four times into Colossians chapter 1 when it isn’t in the Greek manuscripts at all? Doesn’t this change the meaning of the text?
18. Why does the New World Translation place the comma in Luke 23:43 in a different location than it does every other time when Jesus says, “Truly I tell you”?
19. Can you show me a list of Greek scholars who approve of the New World Translation’s New Testament translation?
20. Can you show me a list of the people who were on the New World Translation Committee along with their credentials in the ancient Biblical languages?
21. If the Watchtower’s teaching that the 144,000 were filled in 1935 is correct, can you explain how Jesus, his apostles and their immediate followers couldn’t get 144,000 converts in 1800 years, but the Watchtower got 6 million converts in 125 years?
22. Why does the Watchtower teach that only 144,000 people are born-again when 1 John 5:1 says that everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God?
23. Why is there only one judgment period from God to test the endurance and worthiness of the 144,000 before they are guaranteed of eternal life, but the other sheep have to endure through this life, the 1000 year millennium plus pass an unknown final test before they are counted worthy of eternal life? Why is salvation so much easier for the 144,000?
24. If Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not part of the 144,000 with a heavenly hope, why does Jesus say in Matthew 8:11 that they will be in the kingdom of heaven?
Identity of Jesus
25. According to Jesus in John 17:3, how many true Gods are there? Would you say that whatever is not true is false? Doesn’t the New World Translation call Jesus “a god” in John 1:1? Since there is only one true God and all others must be false, is Jesus a true God or a false god?
26. If Jesus was God’s Master Worker in creation, why does Jehovah say, in Isaiah 44:24, that He created all things by Himself?
27. If Jesus is a created being, why does he get twice as much worship, in Revelation 5:12, as Jehovah gets in Revelation 4:11?
28. If Jehovah created Jesus, why does John 1:3 say that all things came into existence through Jesus and apart from him not even one thing was made? Doesn’t this place Jesus outside the realm of created things?
29. If everlasting life comes by taking in knowledge (John 17:3), how long do I have to study with the Jehovah’s Witnesses to be assured that I have enough knowledge to live forever? 1 year? 5 years?
30. If we pay for our personal sins when we die, like the Watchtower teaches, how will the great crowd who survive Armageddon pay for their sins since they will never die but go right on living into the millennium?