[buzzsprout episode=’44594′ player=’true’]
Bibliology – The Doctrine of the Bible
Section 5 – Part 5
The Canonicity of the Bible
• Concerns about canonicity
• Books that were not immediately recognized
• Jude seems to mention the apocrypha
• The “so called” lost books
• The fact there are different books in the Catholic, protestant and Orthodox Bibles
Christian’s Bible Roman Catholic Bible Greek Orthodox Bible
1 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Additions to Esther, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, Epistle of Jeremiah, Song of the Three Children, Story of Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasseh, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, 3 Maccabees, 4 Maccabees, Psalm 151
• Why do protestants reject the apocrypha?
• There are no direct quotations from the apocrypha
• The content is sub-biblical
Notes attached to web page for sessions @ www.Amos37.com
Pastor Conway Campbell takes us on a thorough study on the study and doctrine of the bible. Various Scriptures.
Free Resources for the growing Christian.
Bible Classes College Level For Free to Enroll Track your progress.
Connect with Amos37
Stay up to date with Amos37.com eMail update (Weekly)