Bibliology – The Doctrine of the Bible
Section 5 – Part 5
The Canonicity of the Bible
• Concerns about canonicity
• Books that were not immediately recognized
• Jude seems to mention the apocrypha
• The “so called” lost books
• The fact there are different books in the Catholic, protestant and Orthodox Bibles
Christian’s Bible Roman Catholic Bible Greek Orthodox Bible
1 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Additions to Esther, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, Epistle of Jeremiah, Song of the Three Children, Story of Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasseh, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, 3 Maccabees, 4 Maccabees, Psalm 151
• Why do protestants reject the apocrypha?
• There are no direct quotations from the apocrypha
• The content is sub-biblical
Notes attached to web page for sessions @ www.Amos37.com
Pastor Conway Campbell takes us on a thorough study on the study and doctrine of the bible. Various Scriptures.
Free Resources for the growing Christian.
“But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Blue Letter Bible Free Online Bible & Study Tools & Commentaries
Bible Classes College Level For Free to Enroll Track your progress.
Connect with Amos37
Stay up to date with Amos37.com eMail update (Weekly)