Bibliology – The Doctrine of the Bible
Section 5 – Part 4
The Canonicity of the Bible
2. The Canonicity of the Old Testament
a. Tests of Canonicity
• False tests of canonicity
• The age of a book
• Its agreement with the Pentateuch
• Because it was written in Hebrew
• Because of its religious value
• Because a religious community has accepted it
• True tests of canonicity
• Was the book written by a prophet of God?
• Was the writer authenticated often by acts of God?
• Does the book tell the truth about God, with no falsehood or contradiction?
• Does the book have a divine capacity to transform lives?
• Was the book accepted as God’s Word by the people to whom it was first delivered?
• Concerns about canonicity
• Books that were not immediately recognized
Notes attached to web page for sessions @ www.Amos37.com
Pastor Conway Campbell takes us on a thorough study on the study and doctrine of the bible. Various Scriptures.
Connect with Amos37
Stay up to date with Amos37.com eMail update (Weekly)
Free Resources for the growing Christian.
“But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Bible Classes College Level For Free to Enroll Track your progress.
Our Own Free Discipleship Course In Video HD.
Entire Bible Commentary with J. Vernon McGee Classic and a great place to start daily study learn ENTIRE bible. Downloadable.