I wanted to get back to you sooner after reading your post on Rob Bell. This man is dangerous in his handling of the word of God. First, he does not even believe it is. For his many errors, this is the first place to look at. His view of the Bible as quoted below. If you trust the bible then you need to look closer at what this man is doing. I invite you to read the below and listen to this classic sermon we have linked below. I personally have seen this so many times over, it grieves me deeply. Recently Rob Bell has influenced Greenbay Packers quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, to abandon his biblical roots.
Rob Bell Insidious Influence
One of the most well-known progressive Christians today is the author, speaker, friend-of-Oprah and former pastor Rob Bell. Bell has famously mused that Hell is not a real place and encourages people not to take the Bible literally.
And, he’s influenced major thought leaders like Oprah, author Elizabeth Gilbert and others with his more “open” views about what Christianity is. One of the most famous people he’s influenced recently is Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
In a fascinating new EPSN profile of Rodgers, the athlete delves into the Christian faith he grew up believing in — and how meeting Bell was a turning point for him in rejecting the doctrine he’d held so dear all his life.
“I think in people’s lives who grew up in some sort of organized religion, there really comes a time when you start to question things more,” Rodgers said in the profile, adding that when he couldn’t find the answers to his questions he went searching for alternate versions of theology.
Meeting Bell, who then sent him books on an array of spiritual subjects and became a real-life friend, made a huge difference in Rodgers’ spiritual outlook.
Over time, as he read more, Rodgers grew increasingly convinced that the beliefs he had internalized growing up were wrong, that spirituality could be far more inclusive and less literal than he had been taught.
…I ask him whether he still sees himself as a Christian, and he says he no longer identifies with any affiliation.
“…I think organized religion can have a mind-debilitating effect, because there is an exclusivity that can shut you out from being open to the world, to people, and energy, and love and acceptance.”
Rob Bell Doesn’t Trust the Bible
Bibliology is the study of the Bible, the Word of God. The Bible is the inspired source of knowledge about God, Jesus Christ, salvation, and eternity. I believe that God has given His complete written word in the 66 books of the Bible (39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament). Introduction to the doctrine of the bible. It all starts here with a proper respect and understanding of our bible. It is our earnest desire that you learn the fundamentals of the faith and grow in grace and mercy. 2 Peter 3:18
“All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Timothy 3:16
Rob Bell’s Corrupt Bibliology
Below is a telling admission from the Bell’s in this 2004 Christianity Today article. Note that they do not adhere to the bible. To them, it is a human product. I have attached a classic sermon on the process of what happens to a church or denomination that accepts a corrupt view of the bible. The process is ALWAYS the same.
[bctt tweet=”Rob Bell continues to lead many astray from the moorings of God’s Word. Aaron Rodgers is the latest. Why? #apostasy #robbell” username=””]
“This is not just the same old message with new methods,” Rob says. “We’re rediscovering Christianity as an Eastern religion, as a way of life. Legal metaphors for faith don’t deliver a way of life. We grew up in churches where people knew the nine verses why we don’t speak in tongues, but had never experienced the overwhelming presence of God.”
In fact, as the Bells describe it, after launching Mars Hill in 1999, they found themselves increasingly uncomfortable with church. “Life in the church had become so small,” Kristen says. “It had worked for me for a long time. Then it stopped working.”
The Bells started questioning their assumptions about the Bible itself—
“discovering the Bible as a human product,” as Rob puts it, rather than the product of divine fiat.
“The Bible is still in the center for us,” Rob says, “but it’s a different kind of center. We want to embrace mystery, rather than conquer it.” Excerpt from: The Emergent Mystique | Christianity Today pg. 2
As we have indicated in the past and as lovingly as we can we urge you to as we have with the many cultist I have met and studied that we always have to scale the game of semantics. The new liberals and cults all use Christian lingo, but assign their own meanings as it is with the postmodern crowd.
I hope you find this helpful and yes far too many comment on many things without doing their own homework. This is painful to have to constantly be pointing people back to the bible and not the latest fad or book by some church guru. Here is the sequence below.
1. A corrupt Bibliology: This a corrupt view of the nature and origin of scripture. This effects change on your Theology. The bible is our foundation. Jesus is the living word and if He confirmed our scriptures as the very words of God. Who are they to question Gods word with the echo of the Serpent theology, “has God said?’
2. A corrupt Theology: Dr. Martin identifies liberals as picking and choosing scriptures THEY feel are relevant. Mythologizing the passages that don’t speak to them. This leads to an allegorization of much of the bible instead of a consistent historical grammatical method of interpretation. So it’s up to their own imagination.
3. A corrupt Christology: The logical sequence of a little leaven leavens their whole theology to the point they have a different gospel and another Jesus. One that is not deity, virgin born, raised from the dead. It’s all up for scholastic gymnastics and faith goes out the window for higher thinking.
4. A corrupt Pneumatology: The corruption continues naturally as a dead corpse that has no breath, and the stench fills the church with corrupt ideas of how the Holy Spirit works today. So the liberals both old and new (Read Emergent) do not have a correct view of the Holy Spirit. It is the work of the Holy Spirit today that works in the hearts of men to convict men of their sins and lead them to Christ.
5. A corrupt Morality: This is the end result of first denying what the bible clearly teaches (Bibliology). Second it naturally adversely affects their (Theology) which finds scores of corruption in the foundational doctrines of the denying the Trinity, Deity, Virgin Birth, and many others. This ultimately leaves the people who sit under these false teachers to believe that they are saved and they are in fact hell bound apostates. All kinds of sinful life styles are not only condoned, but promoted under the sanctity of there man made theology. This is the logical result of departing from Gods word and to relegating the bible to a form of religion but denying the Creator who bought them with His own blood.
6. Why does this happen? Simple they love the praises of men more than the praises of God. They are in it to change and make a god after their own evil hearts. They want to in the worst scenarios have a tax free business while promoting their form of godliness but denying the power there of: from such turn away. I mean run!
I hope you don’t think this is a personal attack on anyone. We are admonished to test all things and that the last days would be marked by false prophets, false teachers and apostates. I personally take guarding the gospel delivered once and to earnestly contend for it.
Bibliology For a lengthy meat and potatoes classroom setting on how we can and should trust the bible.
Connect with Amos37
Stay up to date with Amos37.com eMail update (Weekly)
Free Resources for the growing Christian.
“But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Bible Classes College Level For Free to Enroll Track your progress.
Our Own Free Discipleship Course In Video HD.